Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Birthday Sister

When I decided to start doing birthday posts over here I didn't stop to think in 2 days time I would have to be writing one for a sister.  Overwhelming.  How do you put in words what a sister means to you?  Please tell, as I really do not know!  Rather than tying myself in impossible knots trying I'll just tell you a few quick things I love about my sister Rachel.

 Rach

Rach is thoughtful.  Mum says she always has been.  Knowing I'm a bit of a 'fraidy cat when Mr. B is away, Rach texts me before she goes to bed to let me know she's sleeping with her phone by her side in case I need to ring in the middle of the night.

Rach doesn't fuss, she just gets in and does it.  Whether it be house stuff, school stuff, church stuff, family stuff, she doesn't waste time talking about it, she just does it.  This daydream believer should be taking notes.

Rach loves her kids to distraction.  She walks her own race and tries her darnedest not to get caught up in the game.  Like most mums, she is in there striving every day to be the best possible one she can.

Rach lets me be a big sister by sometimes running ideas and concerns for her kids by me (despite me not having any of my own).  She trusts my intelligence and my love for her poppets, knowing I too want the very best for them and I love her for recognising that.

Rach has the same dry sense of humour as I do.  I don't know how many times we've rung each other unable to breathe let alone speak for laughter as we've tried to convey a particularly hilarious incident that we each know the other will get immediately.

Rach is generous.  Very.  With her time, with her money, with her home, with her things. All of it.  She has 3 kids, I have a part-time job yet she'll end up being the one making a cake for me to take to a do because some somehow I have personally misplaced 5hrs in the day.


Mum, Rach & I

As I read back what I've written I'm frustrated that words as always have let me down and I can't truly tell you how I feel but Happy Birthday Rach.  How lucky was I when you came along two and a half years later.  Rhetorical question :)

Nicolex

7 comments:

  1. Rach is one in a million - you've captured her very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and her hair colour is divine!!

    great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post Nicole. Even if it wasn't quite what you had in your mind, your love for, and marvellous-ness of R are very evident in it.

    Very happy birthday to your beautiful sister...what a tremendous gift sisters are! J xx

    PS: gorgeous pic of you 3!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sisters are great!! Love these new posts of yours Nic...and all the others of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again Nic you have moved me to tears! Beautiful post! So true - all of it. I feel incredibly blessed to have both of you as part of my tribe. Happy Birthday Rach!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All true Ash and Jones. I love the extended tribe Heather, our very own village :) Is that you Ani? There can't be too many Anika's out there reading my ramblings :). If it is, 4 cheers for your sisters.
    Nx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicе blog here! Also your web sitе loads up νery fast!
    What host аre you usіng? Can I get your
    аffіliate lіnk to your host? I wish my site loaded up as quickly as
    yοurѕ lol
    Also see my webpage :: halo birthday party supplies

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...