Speaking of Nat at Dear Little House, until the 3rd of June she has a rather special giveaway (to celebrate her 100th post) - this original signed photograph. Pop yourself into the running by heading over here.
Image from Dear Little House
I just love it! So perhaps don't go over and enter the giveaway as you'll reduce my odds of winning ;)
For some reason quite a few bloggers don't do awards. I am not one of those bloggers. I love awards and am only too delighted to be a recipient. Other than the lovely compliment, the thing I love most about them is reading the accompanying "getting-to-know-you-getting-to-know-all-about-you" (think Deborah Kerr in The King & I) part of the award. Blogginton is all about staying connected and I am very chuffed to have received a Stylish Blogger Award from the lovely Nat over at Dear Little House.
In receiving this then, I first need to tell you seven things about myself:
1. I grew up in Papua New Guinea, and loved every minute of my childhood there :)
2. I love reading, any shape or form.
3. My husband and I watch Love Actually every Christmas Eve.
4. I can play the piano.
5. I am a fabulous auntie - I may even be the best one I know (but clearly not a modest one).
6. My favourite colour is blue.
7. I inherited a love for Nana Mouskouri from my Dad.
...and then pass the award on to 5 more bloggers. My selection:
Sadly it's neither good or bad news which really means bad news in the weight loss battle, doesn't it. I didn't lose and I didn't put on. My total weight lost remains at 4.5kg.
While part of me is relieved (I wasn't very good with my food in the second half of the week), it's always disappointing not to lose any! My next goal of 85kg (and a fab new Oroton bag) seems further than ever :(
So as a woman who needs a plan, what to do about this? My thoughts:
1. I'll track what I eat more faithfully. I did this during the first few weeks of the WW program and it did make a difference as my food choices were conscious ones.
2. Regrettably, I do believe it may be time to start moving. At least a little. So my goal for this week is to go for a walk three times before next Tuesday.
Here in the land of Oz we are two weeks in to the somewhat controversial eight part mini-series The Kennedys. So far, a great deal of the action has taken place on their six acre estate in Hyannis, Massachusetts, (most commonly referred to as The Kennedy Compound) where JFK's election campaign for president was run. I thought it was a good excuse to take a look at the homes of the beautiful compound overlooking Nantucket Sound
Where it all began, Ambassador Joseph Kennedy's house (or the main house), probably the most photographed and easily recognisable home of the compound.
Tomorrow morning I will be trundling off at an ungodly hour to be there when our local CR opens shop at 8am. A one day SALE with up to 50% off selected styles and a further 25% off if you're a cardholder. I don't like to spell it out BUT 50 + 25 = 75! 75% OFF lovelies! So no better time to buy, ESPECIALLY if you're like me and moving down through the sizes (however slowly!) and don't want to spend pots and pots on a new wardrobe in each new size!
I am ready to claw my way to the front of the mob. Really.