Sunday, April 24, 2011

Recipe: Fish Sticks

I don't know if it's because I haven't had breakfast yet but when I saw this recipe over at Sweet Paul (his grandmother used to make them for him) I had to immortalize it here so I could easily find it again.  It looks deliciously simple and I'm going to make it for lunch tomorrow.

FISH STICKS
Serves 4

2 cups panko crumbs
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 tbs melted butter
450g white firm fish fillet

Mix panko, salt and pepper in large bowl.
Cut fish into 7.5cm x 2.5cm pieces.
Dip pieces into butter then into panko.
Place on non-stick oven tray covered with baking paper.
Bake in a moderate oven for 15min or until golden.

Serve with lemon, steamed bok choy or salad.


Image from here

A casual alternative for the Good Friday fish meal.
Nicolex

1 comment:

  1. I once saw Nigella use panko crumbs when cooking fish. I tried them and we haven't looked back. They are simply delicious! Ange

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...