Monday, January 17, 2011

Movie Review: The King's Speech

The fact that I nodded off a few times in this movie is absolutely no reflection on how good it was (the 3/4 of it that I saw).  Quite simply, I saw it on Boxing Day after two weeks of long past midnight bedtimes, I was shattered.  My sleep bank was completely empty and before I knew it the comfort of our local had lulled me to sleep, a couple of times. 


Image from Hollywood News

 What I do recall is Colin Firth was brilliant as the shy, stuttering King.  I hope he cleans up in award season (he's already won the Critics Choice)!  Helena Bonham Carter's portrayal of a strong and kind Queen Elizabeth was wonderful.  Of course completing the triumvirate is Geoffrey Rush who was marvelous as Australian speech therapist, Lionel Logue.  His character felt a little bit overacted sometimes, but only a pinch.  An interesting tit bit of history (I didn't know George VI had a stammer) captured and played out perfectly.  A very comfortable 4 out of 5.

1 comment:

  1. Genuinely no matter if someone doesn't be aware of then its up to other people that they will assist, so here it occurs.

    My site: waist to height ratio

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...