Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Grey Velvet

Elle Decor tells me velvet is making a comeback, some of my friends would say it never left the building. I have to admit I'm a bit of a Johnny-come-lately to the fabric (always conjured up images of boudoirs and bordellos, not that there's anything wrong with that thanks Jerry Seinfeld) but there are specific expressions of it that I really, really love.



There are a few things I regret doing to our house when we made it over but the beautiful French grey velvet romans in our bedroom are not one of them. Every morning when I put them up and every evening when I let them down, I love them as much as they day they were installed.


A hurried picture this morning to show you them (note strategically cropped photo to hide unmade bed, ho hum).

A close up of the fabric.

Some other velvet looks I like.


This studio sofa from Nate Berkus, and may I just say it is only $499.90, no fair, no fair!

I love this chair featured on Decor Pad.


This blue couch from here looks so comfortable.



These fabulous Union Jack cushions from Jane Hornsby


Love this shade of velvet (as you can see am very partial to the pewters and greys).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...