The Beas are already looking much chirpier.
More importantly we started the makeover of the backyard. Methinks the plants may as well get a head start on the renovations. My beauty gift to the planet is this - I will be covering every urglee inch of our colorbond fence with hedge. You're welcome. As of yesterday, the magic has begun as we've started putting in more Murrayas (Orange Jasmine) around the circumference of the yard. I love their shiny dark green leaves and their scent while flowering (which they do numerous times a year) is quite exotic. More to the point though, along with our Gardenias and hopefully the baby Beas, they are the ONLY plants we have managed to keep alive in our 6 years in the house. Green thumbs we are not.
On their way to the backyard.
Of course at this time of year it wouldn't be a weekend without a last minute dash to the shops and naturally as my Christmas motto is let no stone be left unturned in the hunt for new and fabulous ornaments, I didn't.
So much fabulosity.
This morning I spent a pleasant little while adding them to our flailing tannenbaum, there's starting to be some serious weight in there. Because I'm a sharer I'll tell you where just in case any of them are speaking to you personally:
1. Little gold bear & aqua sequin ball are from Freedom.
2. Clear glass pear is from Country Road.
3. Miniature bells star is from Witchery.
4. The cute little birdhouse & gold butterfly are from Bed Bath N Table (and with the birdhouse coming in at $6.75, I am a saver!).
5. The silver teardrop (that opens), big-eyed dog, vintage glass scenes and initial ornaments ($3.95, did I mention SAVER) are all from Domayne.
Then it was off to my regular Monday after school date with a quick cuppa before ballet...
...and tonight I'm looking forward to catching up on my new favourite shows.
The day is done. Hope you've all had a lovely weekend and this week is shaping up OK too :)