Image from Martha Stewart
Everyone loves a good transformation story and my dear little office is no exception! It is wailing for a serious makeover and at last I find myself with some time and inclination to get started. Now the beauty of the before and after shots can only be appreciated when said before shot is followed immediately by the after. So because it is still before and there is no afterglow to bask in, there are no photos to share yet.
But here's what I have in mind for my new "studyio" (pronounced stud-ee-o, meaning a little bit sensible study and a little bit swanky studio):
- A new desk where the view is out my window and not at a blank wall.
- Doors for the seven wall mounted cabinets (IKEA was out of stock when we bought the cabinets and we never went back to check if the doors had come back in, it is a MAJOR trek down to our nearest store)
- Wallpaper on the wall with the door in it.
- A cluster of P&P paraphernalia including frames, plates and a very special 1950s cross-stitch to the left of the window.
- A big inspiration/pin board.
- Some framed prints in a row on the wall opposite the inspiration board.
- And a big old comfy single chair to go in the corner of the room so Mr. B or anyone else can drop by for a cuppa when I'm working :)
Now, may I just say in deference to Martha's photo, I am chuffed at how similar it looks to my current little space and what I have planned for it. We have almost identical shelving (of course my contents are not so aesthetically arranged and coordinated) and wall paint colour (mine's a bit lighter, Dulux Warm Neutral 1/4 strength) and that little space to the left of the window is the same too...it's a sign peeps, let the fairytale begin.